[SWLUG] Geek Ski Trip

Gareth Bowker tgb at tgb.org.uk
Mon Oct 14 10:09:20 UTC 2002

After buying a skiing magazine over the weekend, I got reminded of an
idea I had while drunk in a bar, chatting to Phil Hands. I still think
it's a good idea...

Over the Summer, I had the idea of organising a geek skiing holiday -
simply a bunch of people with similar interests, going somewhere nice to
ski. We could do something like the LBW, where people give talks in the
evening, or not, or something completely different. It all depends on
what people want.

Basically, this e-mail is just to try and gauge who might be interested
in going on such a trip. If you could reply directly to me to let me
know you're interested - along with any ideas of things we could do,
where we could go etc. - then we can get the ball rolling. If we can get
enough people then we should be able to get some nice discounts :)

Feel free to forward it to anyone you think may be interested too.

Cheers,

Gareth