[SWLUG] CIPE VPN two LANs problem

Richard richard at gotworms.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 12:27:06 UTC 2003

> I am experimenting with connecting two LANs with private ip addresses
> over the internet using cipe.
<snip>

I don't know much about cipe, so I can't really say if it was setup
correctly...

> Do I have my routing set up OK ?
> Am I right in believing that my cipe configuration is OK ?
> Is it my iptables firewall that is causing the problem ?

Check to see if your firewall is allowing ICMP accross the cipcb0 interfaces
and ensure it's coming from one of your ip's.

Does syslog say anything about stray ICMP packets?

For a random information byte too: make sure your internet facing interfaces
allow ICMP type 3 subtype 4 (fragmentation needed) packets. See
http://www.anlx.net/rfc/ip/pathmtu.php  for more info.

 ~ Richard