[SWLUG] Linux Install/Awareness Day

Philip Downer phil at pjd.me.uk
Sat Jan 25 10:33:37 UTC 2003

Hi Everybody,

After discussions at the meeting on Wednesday I have an update of what
is currently planned.

We have been offered a room at Cardiff County Hall, this is very good
but we need to provide dates and what size of a room we need asap.

The other LUGs have been discussing when to hold a National Linux
Install Day but there are no dates as yet. They also seem to prefer the
name of Linux Awareness Day as last year they seemed to run some
tutorials/talks/demos alongside the installfest.

I think the first thing that we need to decide is what day(s) we want to
run the event. The decision at the meeting was that it should be a
Saturday, I don't think we can have the room at County Hall on a Sunday.
Another suggestion was that we hold it on the Friday as well because we
may then attract more business people.

At the meeting on Wednesday I proposed the months of May/June as to when
we should hold this event. this should give us time to prepare and it
would also co-ordinate the event with when last years National Install
Day was held. The current dates that I have as viable for May/June are
listed below, the first date is for the Friday and the second for the
saturday.

May:

2nd/3rd
9th/10th
16th/17th
23rd/24th - I have it down in my diary that someone cant make the Sunday
	    but I can't remeber if they meant the whole weekend.
30th/31st

June:
6th/7th
20th/21st
27th/28th

The 13th and 14th of June have been removed because they clash with
Guadec in Dublin which a few people in the LUG may attend.

I'd like to start a list of people who can attend, what dates they can
come on and what equipment they could possibly bring along. Most
importantly is the dates you can attend because we need to book the room
asap.

I'm sure someone will remind me if I've missed anything out :)

Phil.