[SWLUG] Samba - Mandrake 9.1

Terry John terry.john at bbc.co.uk
Wed Jul 30 11:11:52 UTC 2003

-----Original Message-----

  --snip---
>So close, so very close.  But still out of my depth

>Any suggestions appreciated.

Have you tried checking the UNIX permissions on the directories you are
trying to access. The UNIX user will need access. Also when I configure
samba I use SWAT it's a lot easier. It's disabled be default on Redhat (The
one I'm familiar with). You can edit /etc/xinetd.d/swat to enable it then
restart xinetd if it's like Redhat.

 Looking at your smb.conf file it appeared you are using "User" security,
which is default. I use that at home and I don't need to use smbpasswd at
all. It just requires that your windows user & password are exactly the same
as the Linux user & password.

It looks like you are getting there keep going :-) Just take this as an
extra bit of info that you might be able to use.

Terry

BBCi at http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.
signify your consent to this.