[SWLUG] Improvements

vlado vlado at dikini.net
Mon Jun 2 16:37:09 UTC 2003

> Thanks to everybody that had a look at my CV. I can see why the "used to"
> might be ambiguous. I've added ISO 9000 on the basis that anything written
> as documentation is a step towards ISO 9000. I'll have to try to get hold of
> a copy of the ISO 9000 document from somewhere. I just hope it's a pamphlet
> and not a whopping great big tome.
Well, you are an optimist, have you seen any ISO standard, especially
from the ISO 900x suite

> Generally, my philosophy is minimalism -
> why beat around the bush with documentation when it can be made very clear
> in just a few words.
Well, that's fine, but it does not help with ISO knowledge - they want a
lot - documented processes, what documents go with each process, between
customers and suppliers etc........

Put simply - a lot. It is not complex, but full of subtleties and most
of them are hard to dig (if you don't pay for a cource or a consultant).

My point is that it is too ambitious to put ISO 9000 knowledge if you
actually haven't participated in the process or have some related
experience. Documentation knowledge does not count, but it could help to
get the ISO 9000 one.

And anyway, don't oversell yourself - it is suspicious and generally on
the bad side. Consider the reading of the CV  as a multistage
search and filter process -> filter a few times by keywords, then
phrases, then toss a coin and read the cover letter, interview.
Or something along those lines. I may be a bit harsh on the recruiters
here.

Cheers,
Vlado