[SWLUG] Cat5 crossover

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 15:25:18 UTC 2003

I took my duff Cat5 cross adaptor back a few days ago
and had a refund. Then the shop promised to build me
one with a nice socket and plug out of odds and ends.

I turned up today to see what they'd done. At midday
they said "come back in 2 hours". At 3PM I turned up
and they said "come back in 30 minutes". 45 minutes
later I turned up and they hadn't done anything but
showed willing by claiming they were about to do it.
Then I saw what they were about to do. They were going
to wire a cable and plug into a great big wall socket.
Talk about a cowboy job. I never even heard their
spurs jingling! Needless to say I turned down their
offer and am still looking for a crossover adaptor. Is
there anybody that knows whether any are available in
Cardiff? I've checked ASIS, Mike-o-Soft, Mertec and a
couple of other places in Swansea and drawn a blank.

Regarding The Goose, I haven't checked to see whether
it's available but if it's not, the beach sounds a
good idea.

If anybody's interested, i passed Mertec today and saw
they have a skip outside full of AT cases.

Rhys