[SWLUG] Interesting news

Julian Hall jules at kaotic.co.uk
Sat Jun 14 15:04:18 UTC 2003

IIRC all future MS OSs will have a time limited license and will cease
to function after (I believe) 3 years.  It's more likely to be set to
time out when MS release a new operating system, possibly as Rhys says
as often as yearly.  It's blatantly because MS know 90% of the "sales"
of XP have been on pre-installed PCs where people had no choice.  Actual
sales of the OS on its' own have bene lousy with people sticking to
Win98 or ME, or as in my case Win2K.

Another example of Bill not being happy with his fortune and scraping
every cent he can out of the industry.  Well he can sod off.  I'm
sticking to Win2K (and that's only until my TV Card works in MDK :))

Kind regards,

Julian