LaTeX (was Re: [SWLUG] Open Office problems)

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Wed Mar 5 13:39:58 UTC 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 11:05:09AM +0000 or thereabouts, Justin Mitchell wrote:
> I feel that LaTeX was rather designed for those that DONT want to deal
> with all that tedious type setting and layout.
>
> If you want to knock out letters, articles, books, or papers in a
> simple, clear, pretty* style without twiddling with bits of layout then
> its quite easy.

Excellent. I have a letter and I want it to look pretty. I got
totally confused with OO.o last time I tried it (I am not used
to word processors).

Gimme some starting points!

Really, I want address and date in the top right, but in a block which
is left-justified. And then -- well. A letter. And a big gap to scrawl
my signature. And I don't want things like "title: testletter" all
over the top when I print it.

Suggestions?

Telsa