[SWLUG] Keyboard failure Mandrake 8.2
stephanos at writeme.com
Sun Mar 9 15:50:40 UTC 2003
Thanks for the feedback regarding my keyboard failing in KDE (2.2.2).
Here is some additional information:
1) The problem does not occur in Windows
2) I boot straight into KDE and when I log out I remain in
a GUI type environment, so I do not know how to test for
keyboard failure at the commmand line. I would like to do
this but how do I get out of KDE and start KDE again from the
3) Not sure what "Coke incompatibility event" means, sorry.
4) "Does it still stop working if you don't start X/KDE at
all? Something like adding a '3' to the LILO or GRUB boot
command line will probably manage this." I like this
suggestion, but yes you guesed it I have no idea how to
5) I went into the BIOS and played around a little using the
keyboard and there was no failure.
Any further help appreciated
Stephen (Swansea, Wales, UK)
Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
More information about the Swlug