[SWLUG] Mulicard Reader in MDK 9.0

Foeh Mannay foeh.mannay at ntlworld.com
Tue May 6 06:35:55 UTC 2003

On Monday 05 May 2003 5:58 pm, Jonathan Price wrote:
> When you said that "All [you] did was enable the option to ..." did you
> check that everything else was correct, because if you haven't compiled a
> kernel using that tree before, the base you were working from probably
> wasn't your current kernel, but something else.

Indeed - a friend of mine recompiled his kernel to make his sound card work,
only to find that his network card stopped. It turned out the default kernel
options on whichever version of redhat he had at the time for some reason
defaulted to turning off NE2000 support. I'm guessing it's the same thing but
with 8139too or something.

Foeh