[SWLUG] perl cgi advice

Gareth Lewis Gareth.Lewis at patent.gov.uk
Wed May 14 11:17:45 UTC 2003

Hi All,

I have an idea for a web site that will involve me wanting to do the following :

 IE  i want my script to do a look up on a third parties web server. (its essentially a form of dictionary lookup on the third site)

I assume that this is fairly easy for perl ?

I am a newbie on this sort of stuff so any advice that can avoid days of confusion would be great !

I have a perl cgi book that I'll try reading again.

if anyone can point me to any simple & short scripts that do similar things for me to study, that would be ideal.

cheers,

Gareth.