[SWLUG] Anti-Spam

Julian Hall linux at kaotic.co.uk
Sat May 17 19:02:16 UTC 2003

Some spamming software checks the IP of the machine the bounce is
received from.  If it is not returned as the mail server for that
domain, e.g. mail.ntlworld.com then the spammer knows it was bounced by
an anti-spam program being used on a valid address.  Therefore it's just
as bad as replying "Take me off your list".

Much better just to let the anti-spam software delete it and do nothing
else.

Kind regards,

Julian