[SWLUG] Building a new PC

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 19:49:58 UTC 2003

I'm building a new PC and am looking around for some
secondhand bits so, if anybody knows of the following
going for a song, I'd love to know:

1. ATX Case. This needs to have 4 external 5.25 bays
and 2 external 3.5 bays. It'd be nice if it was fairly
tidy-looking. A good fan/power supply is a must too.

2. ATX main board. It'd be nice if this came with a
CPU/fan. Looking for 1.7Ghz or higher.

3. 256Mb DDR to fit the board.

3. Modem for the above.

I think most boards have RJ45 connections as standard.

My goal is to replace my 166Mhz AT box. I'll just swop
the drives over to the new box.

Rhys