[SWLUG] Building a new PC

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Tue Oct 14 18:38:39 UTC 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 04:22:03PM +0100 or thereabouts, Rhys Sage wrote:
> > > I'm building a new PC and am looking around for some
> > > secondhand bits so, if anybody knows of the following
> > > going for a song, I'd love to know:
> >
> > Ebay?
>
> Nice idea but I've seen too much junk on sale on
> e-bay. I've bought some stuff on e-bay that was
> absoulte junk too. Couldn't pin the guy on Trades
> Descriptions though as he never said the thing
> actually worked.

Was it marked 'spares and repair' or 'sold as seen'?
Those are the standard ways to highlight that something
may not work. Other than that, I believe Ebay expects
things to work.

> > Do you mean built-in networking? Also, what sort of
> > processor are you after?
>
> I'm looking for something in the region of 2 Ghz,
> preferably an Athlon or a Duron.

But still going for a song, right? The buskers in
the street must love you: cos the value of a song has
clearly gone up!

Telsa