[SWLUG] Windows XP

Michael Parker Michael.Parker at wbs.wales.nhs.uk
Wed Apr 14 11:54:58 UTC 2004

that bit is def true... (sorry if i was a bit misleading in my initial post)

> and, depending on the make of laptop, a hidden 'recovery'
> partition to stop people from having access to a real, tangible disc for
backup
> which they might pass out among friends. This is the way with modern
> laptops, sadly.

that would make sense, but is very annoying... it is a dell inspiron 5150 if
that helps at all!

> I suspect there's a distro out there that will do the
> partition resizing
> for you, and Mandrake is a prime candidate given its target audience.

I might try puting a mandrake disk in and seeing what it makes of it...

> Failing that you'll need something like Partition Magic

Anyone know of a cheap download shop thing that might have it?

thanks, all, for your help :D

Michael