[SWLUG] Any tips on locating this file.

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 11:30:12 UTC 2004

Can anyone help solve this problem?

I have screwed up my mysql installation by altering a file but I cannot
remember which one it is.

Last week I was working on a problem that involved running PHP on my desktop
machine via 127.0.0.1 I could not get it to interface to my MYSQL Database.
I fiddled arounf trying to find out what was wrong and then gave up decided I
would write the data to a flat file and use PERL to put it into the mysql
database later. I already had a set of perl scripts that work with MYSLQ on
my desktop machine so that should have been no trouble.

Anyway after some more debugging I discovered that it wasn't the mysql that
was at fault after all but a difference between the way PHP is set up on my
machine to the webserver I usually use.

Anyway I wanted to go back to using Mysql as it does simplify matters.However

trying to start MYSQL from the cammoand line to check the data gives

mysql: ERROR: unknown variable 'binlog-do-db=DATA1'

I recognise this line as one of my fiddles. If I remove it everything should
work. Trouble is I can't remember where it is. Rather silly of me I know.

What I need is either a way of searching all files for the string. which is
rather cumbersome or a way of listing all files that have been changed in the
last week. If I can do the latter I may well be able to spot it.

Perhaps some kind of permuation on the find command?

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog