[SWLUG] Where is the IRC channel? (Apologies)

Robert McQueen robot101 at debian.org
Thu Feb 5 09:27:10 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 21:51, Richard Smith wrote:
> Twas due to a misconfig of TMDA (w00t! No spam for me!!)

I think you mean "w00t! no mail for me!". I don't reply to TMDA
messages, and the majority of people that I've spoken to don't either. A
variety of automated systems (ones I'm involved with such as Debian
mailing lists, or creating DebianPlanet accounts or resetting passwords)
also don't, so you're just screwing yourself over. I get on average one
spam every 10 minutes to my Debian address, and I manage to deal with it
without spamming the world back again. Inconveniencing legitimate mail
users to try and deal with your spam problem is almost as broken as
spamming in the first place.

> --
>  ~ Richard

Regards,