[SWLUG] Linux IP Settings

Dafydd Walters dafydd at walters.net
Wed Feb 11 09:15:49 UTC 2004

Hi,

My brother has just emailed me from the Dominican Republic, asking for
some help with IP settings at his Internet Cafe. This is not my area of
expertise, so if anyone on the list has any suggestions, please feel free
to forward them to him. The original message is below. Here's a
translation:

The chap in the internet cafe here in the Dominican Republic has tossed
out Windows. He's got Linux on every PC. But, one of the PCs loses its IP
settings every time, and he has to re-enter them at every reboot. It's
Mandrake Linux. Any idea what the problem is, and what to do?

Dafydd Walters.