[SWLUG] Carmarthen & ISPs

Steve Anderson steve at twindx.com
Thu Feb 12 09:52:14 UTC 2004

Rhys Sage wrote:

> At the moment I'm paying £15 per month for 50k. I know
> Tiscali is doing £15 for 150k and constant connection.
> Does anybody know whether the Penclawdd exchange can
> take broadband? Also, does anybody have any
> suggestions as to cheaper/better ISPs.

If you're going along the ADSL route, I recommend Zen (www.zenadsl.com).
They're not the cheapest by far (£27.99 a month) but their level of
service is second to none, and if you look at www.adslguide.org.uk
you'll see that - consistently one of the fastest connections. No setup
fee, blah blah blah, but the best thing for a geek like me is that you
get a block of 8 static IP addresses for that price, of which 5 are
usable for you on your network. Backup dial-up account, excellent
support and solid connection.

Steve