[SWLUG] Accessing telnet ssh via web

Gareth Bowker tgb at tgb.org.uk
Tue Feb 17 11:54:50 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 09:53, Neil Jones wrote:
> A while ago someone mentioned a way of using SSH or Telent type facilities
> over the web. This was during oibne of our evening meets. What I am looking
> for is a system tht can be used while I am in a cybercafe where everything
> but browser access may be blocked.
>
> Can anyone remind me what this was. I think I am looking for a web url.

It was probably MindTerm. http://www.oit.duke.edu/sa/security/ssh.html
Googling for "java ssh" shows some others. I'd look into setting up a
one-time password type setup too, if you're going to be connecting from
a cybercafe, so that even if they record what you type in, they can't
reconnect to your system. Note that I've not set up OTP with ssh :)

Gareth