[SWLUG] re: disheartened

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 02:19:13 UTC 2004

>What are your DNS settings on your XP box?
>
>Also if you ping zeus and get non reponse then try
>its fully qualified
>name. Is your XP box on the same DNS domain
>
>Terry

I've managed to get XP Pro talking to Zeus again now.
It still won't talk properly though. All it would do
after I set Zeus as the Windows and Workgroup
Contrller was to send ping responses to messages from
the XP box sent as IP and Name.

It was somewhat frustrating to find myself locked out
by my own server. In the end, I borrowed the monitor
and keyboard from another PC and put them on the
server. Then I set Zeus not to be the windows and
workgroup controller and Zeus (SME) commenced talking
to Apollo (XP Pro) again.

However, I'm back to the same problem, namely I can
ping and putty Zeus but can't map any networked
drives. I can't see Zeus in My Network Places anywhere
- not even under the workgroup entry.

I can ftp but only with Internet Explorer.

Rhys