[SWLUG] disheartened

Jonathan Wright mail at djnauk.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 01:45:27 UTC 2004

Rhys Sage wrote:
> I've been slogging away for the past couple of days
> trying to get my server to work with XP. It worked
> fine with NT and 98. It's just XP it seems to have a
> problem with. It seems as if everything I want XP to
> do, XP doesn't want to do although that which it does
> do, it does well.

I know that getting XP and CUPS/Samba Printers to work is a no-no,
because of the change in protocols used my Windows XP Pro to communicate
(no permission is the usual message), but I've had no problem with
sharing of drives.

Y not post your configuration files for samba - it could be a small
error. All is not in vain - it does work.

jonathan wright                          mail at djnauk.co.uk
--
life has no meaning unless we can enjoy what we've been given