[SWLUG] Re: Disheartened

Dick Bain dick at towy71.uklinux.net
Sun Feb 22 18:35:14 UTC 2004

Rhys Sage wrote:
> Well, Windows decided it wanted to download more
> updates. That went well.
who cares??
> Then I switched the server on and fairly shortly
> after, the whole system went tits up and XP simply
> froze.
I presume you mean the computer running XP

> I did a hard reset and tried the suggestion that I set
> everything on XP to auto. The system went tits up
> again and froze, necessiting another hard reset.
again I presume you mean the computer running XP

> and displayed SME Server
this is the rather old, cut down version of Redhat5?
Why not get a more recent version of linux and RTFM?

> I'm happy with the result but not with the process as
> it seems to defy logic.
logic doesn't seem to be your strong point

> And Telsa, what constructive purpose did your message
> have?
This is a linux group and promotes Open Source not piracy ie: theft

Dick