[SWLUG] mount options

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 08:08:23 UTC 2004

according to the man page for mount some of the options it lists only take
effect when used in /etc/fstab, but it then fails to indicate which options
these are!
i've been searching but i can't find any confirmation, am i right that even
though the options 'user' and 'users' can be used on the command line, they
don't take effect because they are some of the options referred to by the man
page?

bascule
--
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, he said, BUT I COULD MURDER A CURRY.
        -- Death addresses his new apprentice