[SWLUG] mount options

Bryn Reeves hagbard at nildram.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 15:30:29 UTC 2004

On 15:11 Tue 24 Feb     , Dick Porter wrote:

> Why not just add a loopback mount point to fstab (with noauto, so it
> doesn't try and mount it at bootup and user so you don't need to be
> root) and just copy any file you want to mount to that place, then mount
> it?
>
> - Dick

Or an images directory hooked up to the kernel automounter (autofs, man
{autofs,auto.master})? That way you can just drop new images into the
directory, and touch the mount point (/your-automountdir/file-just-added),
and it's all done for you. I learned how to use this on the RHCE course
last week and I'll definitely be using it on my own systems more from now
on. I'm thinking of putting some scripts together to make a simple cd/dvd
image server using it - if anyone's interested, give me a shout.

btw - OT I know, but the topic of certification has come up a few times on
the list. I've written a short review on the RHCE course/exam, which I'll
post to the list soon if it'd be helpful to anyone.

Cheers,

Bryn.