[SWLUG] (g)make - book suggestions?

Bryn Reeves hagbard at nildram.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 20:08:28 UTC 2004

On 17:55 Thu 15 Jan     , Gareth Bowker wrote:

> Try GNU Make by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath. ISBN 188211481-7
> according to the back of my copy. It's $20US for the dead tree edition,
> or download it from http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html
>
> Gareth

Many thanks for the suggestion - I've used the online & info versions, didn't
realise the hardcopy was so cheap. Has to be worth the investment at that
price! I see shipping could be quite pricey for a single book tho - anyone
know how easy these books are to order in the UK?

Failing that if anyone else is interested in getting some GNU manuals, I'd
be happy to organise a collective order.

Cheers

Bryn