[SWLUG] SuSE update

Foeh Mannay foeh.mannay at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 21 20:24:49 UTC 2004

Hmm,

Looks like it needs the kernel sources package installed :o)

One workaround could be to set your X config to use the generic "nv"
driver rather than the "nvidia" one, then upgrade your kernel (and
install the kernel sources for that version of the kernel and the rest
of the stuff in the nvidia faq), then re-run the nvidia installer and
let it do its thing.

That will (should) at least allow you to maintain a GUI while you fiddle
with getting the NVidia driver to install properly.

The amount of times I've lost X due to nvidia drivers not liking kernel
updates is silly. Re-running the nvidia wotsit has sorted it out every
time. As long as your kernel sources are there I don't see why it
wouldn't work for you too.

I use debian, but it shouldn't be all that different in SuSE I guess.

Foeh