[SWLUG] Alan's open letter

swlug at azem.org swlug at azem.org
Mon Jun 7 23:35:39 UTC 2004

On Monday 07 June 2004 3:07 pm, Dafydd Walters wrote:
> There are just three more days until the EU elections, and I'm sure almost
> everybody on this list has probably seen Alan Cox's open letter on software
> patents and the EU election, but just in case there are folks here who
> haven't, here's a link:
>
> http://www.linux.org.uk/open.l.html
>
> Regards,
> Dafydd Walters.

so, ok, i vote green,
but what if this "small chance" doesnt prove true, what if software patents
are passed. does this mean the end of GNU simply because Billy boy holds the
patent to scrollbars and cursor shadows?
If GNU goes tits up, what are the alternatives, back to UNIX??
I use knoppix in many guises and custom isos as my daily os and also running
on servers, am I to understand that this will stop?
Is the end of the 'Brave GNU World' coming for Stallman?

Stu