[SWLUG] Alan's open letter

Lyn David Thomas lyn at trebute.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 17:44:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:07:26 +0100
Telsa Gwynne <hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> Wales is going down to 4 MEPs (why?)

Because of enlargement, to stop the parliament growing to 1,000 members
countries have lost MEPs.

> and the only one of that lot
> to reply to me doesn't seem to be standing. The list of candidates
> by party is at http://www.election.demon.co.uk/cand04.html
> (scroll all the way down, past "south-west and gibraltar")

Plaid are against, at present they look like having one MEP but it could
be close, so voting Plaid would ensure that at least one Plaid MEP is
returned or even a second one... I have an interest in the matter as I
am a party member and standing in the local elections for Plaid.

--
Lyn David Thomas