[SWLUG] More software patent stuff

Steve Anderson steve at twindx.com
Wed Jun 9 16:35:34 UTC 2004

Just a quick update. Some time ago I faxed my MP (Kim Howells) using the
wonderous faxyourmp.com regarding the vote on software patents and my
concerns, with the view of the potential abuse by companies like
Microsoft to legally attempt to kill off competition, particularly open
source competition. Well, my better half has just let me know that I've
got a reply - my comments have been passed on to the DTi, and he
understands my concerns. Which is probably hot air, but it's nice to
know I've made someone in the government actually read my feelings.

Steve