[SWLUG] Re: Eisteddfod (Gareth Bowker)

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 11:30:48 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 15 June 2004 12:07, Michael Parker wrote:
> #    3. Re: Eisteddfod (Gareth Bowker)
> #    4. Re: Eisteddfod (Gareth Bowker)
> #    5. Re: Eisteddfod (Gareth Bowker)
>
> Ooh, sounds like fun... I've been learning(!) welsh for the last few
> months[1], so I think there was talk of us all going (ie, the 5 of us) but
> if I can mix geekiness in it somehow too, then that has to be a bonus!!!

There are quite a few Welsh learners in the group.

> Are there any geeky welsh language T shirts about? There must be, surely...
> (you know, like the thinkgeek ones but in Welsh for great LOL potential!)
>
> Right, yes, hopefully see you there then...
>
> Mikey.
>
> [1]-So far I can say "I like [the game of] squash" and some other choice
> phrases involving sausages.

Perhaps we should have a few made up of our own?

How about this for a sample slogan?

"Oes problem gyda chi gyda phecyn Windows? Defnyddiwch Linux yn ei le!"

"Do you have a problem with a Windows package. Use Linux in its place!"

Something is lost in translation mind. :-) Amazing what you can do with
mutations. :-)

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog