[SWLUG] Deadtop pt II

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 20 18:11:06 UTC 2004

I thought the internal lithium battery may have been
at fault with my IBM 760 EL not functioning so I
soldered some wires to another 3v lithium battery and
plugged it in. Still no joy. Looks like that laptop's
dead.

Anybody need bits from it? The battery's so-so. The
rest of it works well enough. I suspect the
mainboard's failed. Had several goes at it but the
symptoms are: no power from the internal battery and
it won't respond to the hard drive. The hard drive's
currently in my USB caddy, where it works well enough.

Anyway, it'll be sitting around for a few days then if
nobody wants it, it's going in the bin.

Rhys