[SWLUG] looking for employment opportunities

Dafydd Walters dafydd at walters.net
Tue Mar 9 21:09:29 UTC 2004

Hi Gerald,

 > i'm currently looking for UNIX/Linux/BSD type work and
 > would be grateful if you all could let me know if you
 > hear of any vacancies.

This Unix admin job in Cardiff came up a few days ago, but the
requirements look very demanding:

http://www.jobserve.com/it/jobserve/JobDetail.asp?jobid=23879837F09F2252

The I.T. job market seems to be quite tough at the moment. I moved back to
the UK in October after working in the States for a few years, and the job
market has changed beyond all recognition in the time I've been away.
When I left this country in 1999 as a contract developer, the rep at my
recruiting agency would regularly take me out for lunch - now the agencies
don't even return my phone calls. How things have changed :-(

Regards,
Dafydd.