[SWLUG] Perl in HTML

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Fri Mar 12 11:58:10 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 12:48, nat wrote:
> I'm not planning on using PHP on this project as it seems silly to
> use yet another language.
>
> Keen on using some type of embedded/tagged language that we can
> mix in with HTML as it allows us to easily hand the design of the
> pages over to the designers who have no interest or skills in coding.

But thats exactly what PHP is, and it can also be run on the windows
machine alongside the ASP during the migration, but i digress.

whatever language you choose, im sure more than a few people would
suggest that you use some form of templating.

so that the perl/asp/php/whatever code is kept seperately from the html,
which makes it a lot easier to hand off the design to someone else as
there wont be large chunks of code inside the html to confuse them or
their editors.