[SWLUG] How can I run X apps as root?

Mark Summerfield mark at trolltech.com
Thu Mar 25 11:22:34 UTC 2004

Hi,

Whenever I try to run gvim as root I get this:

$ vi
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
E233: cannot open displayXlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

Is there some simple thing I can do to change this? (I'm using
Debian/stable with KDE.) If the answer is RTFM then which man page?

Thanks.

--
Mark.