[SWLUG] Problems installing any Linux Distro - kernel panic

kurupt | kurupt3k at hotmail.com
Sat May 15 14:39:47 UTC 2004

i have recently changed my mobo and cpu over in my in old computer to a new
one, (well spare i found) but now, when ever i go to install a distro,
FreeBSD, Slackware, Mandrake 10 community and many more i get errors such
as:

CPU 0: Machine Check Expection: 00000000000000004
Bank 2: f60020000000017a at 0000000000131040
Kernel Panic: CPU context corrupt

and it hangs...

i couldnt tell you what hardware i am running as the box was made from
random old parts,
but the motherboard is SIS serious with a Amd CPU around 900hz.

any help with be greatful, due to this error i can not run gnu/Linux atm.

          -Anthony