[SWLUG] Typing accents and special characters

Chris M. Jackson chris at zenii.linux.org.uk
Sun May 23 20:12:52 UTC 2004

Ar Sul, 2004-05-23 19:39 +0100, ysgrifennodd Neil Jones:
> Hi folks,
>
> I need to type some accents and characters and cannot work out how to enter
> them on my normal English keyboard. I am still  using the standard  English
> version of my system BTW. I can change the menus around a bit but since my
> telephone support to get it installed was from an Englishman friend I left it
> for a while
>
> First I need to be able to type the accented welsh characters O^ A^ etc. i e
> with the "to Bach" circumflex what ever on top.

Shift+AltGr is the default X Compose key for most installations.  Press
(not hold) the Compose key(s) and the two characters to compose.
Examples:

Ô = <Compose> O ^
© = <Compose> c o

Happy composing 8)

--
Chris M. Jackson
The Welsh Gnome Cabal.  Wait, there is no cabal ...