[SWLUG] Deadtop

Julian Hall linux at kaotic.co.uk
Tue May 25 14:44:27 UTC 2004

Hi Rhys,

DOS won't read an NTFS partition.  If the HD is still formatted to NTFS you
will need a "non-MSDOS" boot disk.

I would suggest the solution that got me out a of hole last week.
www.freedos.org.  It has a much better FDISK utility than the MS-DOS variant
and will give you a boot disk that will show whatis really on the HD, not
what Mickeyshaft thinks is there.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/beta9r
c5/fdos1440.img

It's a floppy disk image so you'll need something to write the image to the
floppy disk, but I think this is your best bet.

Kind regards,

Julian