[SWLUG] MySQL client on W2K

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Thu Oct 14 17:32:42 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 17:45, Terry John wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 17:04 +0100, Terry John wrote:
> >> I've been having some fun with MySQL on Linux but I want to access my
>
> >> database from my W2K box. I've seen a full download of MySQL for
> >> Wndows. Is there anything that wil give me client access on W2K
> >> without having to install the full server?

You can have the mysql client on windows talk to the linux mysql server
over the network, you just have to make sure that the linux end has its
ip port enabled, and you have a password set on the databases.

i have no idea where you could download just the client part of mysql
for windows though, sorry, you might have to download the entire thing.