[SWLUG] Re: Discuss Digest, Vol 2, Issue 5

Bryn Reeves hagbard at nildram.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 19:02:16 UTC 2004

On 17:17 Thu 14 Oct     , Alun wrote:
> Thanks Paul and Bryn.
>
> Bryn you say to run a command " rpm -q glibc " here is how new I am, where
> do i type the command to get an answer,
>
> Now you can "roflmao" at me. <grin>
>
> Alun

Sorry for the delayed reply, have been away from my mail.

You'll either need to open a terminal window on your desktop, or login
at one of the virtual consoles. If you right-click on the desktop
background, there should be a 'new terminal' (or something like that -
depends on the distro & version) option. Hit that. A window will open
with a prompt in it, that's where you type the command.

Cheers,

Bryn.