[SWLUG] screen dumps

Adam Rykala adam.rykala at new-wales.net
Wed Sep 1 19:38:46 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 01 Sep 2004 8:23 pm, Peter Bradley wrote:
> I know this is a really stupid question, but how do you do a screen dump
> in Linux?  I need to get some screen dumps into an OOo.org document to
> send to my MSc tutor.
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

In KDE there's KSnapshot, but in a terminal do

/usr/X11R6/bin/xwd -root -out /home/<whatever>/screenshot.jpg

--

| I'll be right there, I'll never leave      | pgp key id: 0x4f3bc1d1       |
| All I ask of you...... is believe...       | Stop SCO - http://groklaw.net|

NB: I will be changing my Virgin Net address due to spam soon, so please can
you update your address book to use this email address for me.

Androphobia:
	Fear of men.