[SWLUG] Carmarthen August Meet

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Sun Apr 3 15:58:13 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 12:47, Dafydd Walters wrote:
> nat wrote:
>  > As discussed a little on the IRC channel would it be OK
>  > to have the meet on the 14th?
>
> 14 April is fine with me.
>
> Are we making the second Thursday of each month our regular Carmarthen
> meeting date from now on?  If so, the script on the SWLUG site that
> automatically calculates the meeting timetable will need to be updated.

Ive updated the script for now, as its pretty much the only way to move
that event anyway.

Longer term i think we need to work on a new algorithm so that things
are spaced decently, as at the moment we tend to end up with two
meetings only a couple of days apart, but the only two i can think of
are:

1). add Carmarthen to the current cycle, and add a day, so meetings
would cycle  cardiff, swansea, carmarthen and cycle days Mon, Tue, Wed,
Thu, this would make the day a moving target, thus avoiding any ongoing
day collisions, but it would mean each venue only came around every 6
weeks.

2) Choose static days for each venue every month, and choose them to be
evenly spaced. the drawback with this is if it coincides with something
else people do, then theyre always blocked from attending.

anyone got any other suggestions, or preferences ?