[SWLUG] Re: Ubuntu - the fixings

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 13:30:57 UTC 2005

Steve Hill wrote:

> I think he's being paranoid about fraud...  Although IMHO you're more
> likely to get defrauded by snail-mail/telephone banking (having had my
> last credit card bill opened by the royal mail without permission...)

More to the point I think he's (rightly IMHO) concerned about the
massive security holes punched in the network by having to use Windows
and Internet Explorer.  Although I accept from previous comments on the
topic, some banks over here allow other browsers to connect, IIRC Rhys
is in the US where Gates is God *ick*

Kind regards,

Julian