[SWLUG] Speedtouch USB modems.

Daniel Barbato swlug at unidentified.org
Thu Apr 7 19:52:47 UTC 2005

I had quite a few issues with this modem under gentoo. It seems to
behave quite well under Ubuntu warty. However if you can afford to
splash out on an ADSL with NAT router (and possibly wifi) you might find
it worth while, esp if you have more than one system.

I always found that internet connection coming in over ethernet was
easier to handle than USB (NTL and Uni halls are prime examples of
something that is 100x easier to deal with than USB ADSL under different
flavours of linux).

Dan