[SWLUG] Speedtouch USB modems.

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Thu Apr 7 20:25:12 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 19:47, Phillip Evans wrote:
> I am thinking of going broadband (probably with pipex) and will be
> connecting with a Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL modem. I believe that there
> are Linux drivers available for this, I currently use Mandrake 10 but
> may switch to Suse 9.2.

Save yourself a lot of trouble and go with an ISP that will sell you the
ADSL with a decent ADSL-Router box, or will sell it to you wires-only
(ie you buy the router).

ADSL Routers start from just 40 quid and will be guaranteed to work with
every operating system, you get connection sharing at the same time for
free, and optional wifi for just a little extra.

Flavour of the month seems to be PlusNet http://www.plus.net
they offer a selection of speeds, and choice of modem/router/none