[SWLUG] semi-OT but *nix related

Adam Rykala adam at rykala.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 14:58:45 UTC 2005

On Friday 08 April 2005 3:24 pm, Geraint Edwards wrote:
> Gerald Davies <gerald.davies at gmail.com> said

> ...and point you in the direction of the ports system.  I'm a
> recent convert to the ports system, mainly because updating a
> lot of packages is much less hassle.
>
> I have a spare hardcopy of the FreeBSD Handbook (2nd edn) if
> you'd get use out of it.  And, as a long-time FreeBSD user, I'm
> happy to offer help, too.
>
> I do not now, nor have I ever, had a Speedtouch modem. ;)

Thanks for the links and pointers everyone. I'm currently learning more about
ports by playing with FB and Gentoo at the same time - Yep, it is true I am a
masochist. I won't be doing too much before June as a Immature Student as I
have exams going....

I won't take your book off you as I haven't yet decided between FB and Gentoo
(Thanks VERY much by the way, it is greatly appreciated!), but you're welcome
to listen out of your bedroom windows to see if you can hear the sound of
wailing and gnashing coming from the valleys!

I also have the Oreilly Unix CD Handbook I'm ploughing through again ;-)

--
adam rykala / adam at rykala.demon.co.uk / pgp key id: 0x7f3c5776

	     Doing my part to tweak the religious right.