[SWLUG] (OT) Faulty TFT

Marcus Davage marcusdavage at onetel.com
Thu Apr 14 15:30:56 UTC 2005

Sorry that this is off topic, but my 1.5 yr old daughter has had a
"fling" with
my 1.5 yr old NEC LCD1525V 15" TFT monitor, and it now shows only the top left
of the desktop (Windows) and Linux will not boot up graphically at all. I can
see the top left of a single-user-mode terminal (C-Alt-F1) though. Resetting
the monitor doesn't seem to work. So...

Does anyone want a faulty TFT monitor?
Where can I get a cheap (but new) replacement?
Whilst trawling through eBay for one, I found this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29502&item=5186231941&rd=1

Does anyone know anything about this, or is it just another scam?

Cheers,

Marcus