[SWLUG] Samaritans

Thu Apr 21 14:14:07 UTC 2005

Dick Bain wrote:
> Hi peeps
> I have a friend who is a Samaritans volunteer and they are having a
> debate about going broadband and the vulnerability to trojans spyware
> and viruses. As I understand it they use web based email and would also
> be  researching things from the  WWW, so they don't need any special
> software.

For just browsing the web - go linux. I'm sick to death of all of the
problems through windows and the web. It's a non-stop downhill ride from
the moment it's installed.

Plus, with Firefox and Thunderbird both cross-platform there shouldn't
be too much of a problem with it being a new system.

--
Jonathan Wright <mail at djnauk dot co dot uk>
   Life has no meaning unless we can enjoy what we've been given