[SWLUG] Re: Ubuntu and USB WiFi

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 00:20:11 UTC 2005

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/HardwareSupportComponentsWirelessNetworkCards

> The wiki is pretty good for this sort of question,
> have a read :)

Thanks. I'm not sure what "wiki" is short for but that
was very useful. It seems that no usb wifi cards will
work with Ubuntu.

Having said that, I see the samaritans discussion
lists Xandros. I've looked at the screen shots and I
like what I see. I can sort-of handle Ubuntu but
Xandros looks a lot more familiar and hence easier to
work with.

Has anybody any advice on changing Linux distros? I
have Ubuntu installed. How do I replace Ubuntu with
Xandros without losing my data?