[SWLUG] UWIC anyone?

Adam Rykala adam at rykala.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 18:23:15 UTC 2005

On 5 Aug 2005, at 18:43, Julian Hall wrote:

> Carter N. wrote:
>

>> But, actually, the reason I'm writing is to confirm that you will be
>> *teaching* there. The sort of posts you've made to this list
>> suggest you
>> don't need to be *taught* computing ;-)
>>
>> Good luck with the course,
>>
>> Neil
>>

> Thanks for the vote of confidence Neil :)
>
> No actually I'll be enrolling as a student, seeing as I left school
> in 1989 with one A Level to my name.  For a variety of reasons I
> now find myself in the employment market at 35 with somewhat shabby
> qualifications.  After the HND I hope to do a topup year to the BSc.
>
> My knowledge of IT to this point is partially self taught (trial
> error - lots of the first, a fair bit of the latter) and 7 years as
> a support tech for an ISP (who shall remain nameless :))
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

All the best Julian

As we've already talked about, I did much the same - and now I'm
getting ready for year 3 of my Astrophysics Masters ;-) Being a
mature student means you have much more of a definite idea about
where you're heading in life then most of the others you'll be
sharing a class with.

--

Adam Rykala
adam at rykala.demon.co.uk

"Science, like nature must also be tamed,
With a view towards its preservation"